Tuesday, July 7, 2009

busy life of a single mom - blessing in disguise

So the past couple of days have been run run run. Most people would consider it a burden to be this busy. Sometimes I feel this way……

But sometimes I feel it can save me from taking time to worry. When I don’t have time to stop I get intensely focused on not forgetting anything. I make a list and try my best to stick to it. I am so tired at the end of the night I don’t lay in bed dreading what will/could happen tomorrow. It is easier to be myself and “go with the flow” if I haven’t over planned or preset expectations.

I also feel like I get some health benefits. I don’t overeat because I don’t have time to take a while eating. Sometimes I feel I eat just because I’m bored. Also, when I’m busy I don’t lay on the couch and watch TV. All things good.

My only sadness is sometimes Lindie doesn’t feel like she’s getting all of me. I see when I have been spending some time on a project or volunteering she gets “clingy” and try’s to get me to focus on her. I try to reassure her and include her as much as possible. But for a single mom you don’t have that second parent to pick up the slack of your child’s emotional needs.

I still feel like I am setting the best example I can for her. I show her it’s ok to be busy, but it’s ok to rest too. I show her it’s ok to take on volunteer work but it’s ok to say no sometimes. It’s ok for her to be the center of my world but sometimes she needs to be ok with someone else taking care of her. I want Lindie most of all to know there is a time for everything, and life should be a balance…..

Now if only I could balance a spoon on my nose. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment